Miles away from Meldrum House:
Haddo House, Methlick, Ellon AB41 7EQ
Haddo House was designed by William Adam for the 2nd Earl of Aberdeen in 1732, and refurbished in the 1880s. Unusual for Aberdeenshire in that it is not a castle, Haddo House is proud to be the most homely of the north east of Scotland’s great houses open to the public. The house elegantly blends crisp Georgian architecture with sumptuous late Victorian interiors by Wright and Mansfield.